Last update 07 May 2014
Harlequins League 2013
This league is designed to provide a chance for all Harlequins to compete in different age groups
across all Harlequin areas in a calendar year. Where the Club Champs is our Cup Final, this is our Premiership!
These are the trophies at stake.
There will be overlap
with the Malvern Mini-League and the West Midland League but this is for
all Harlequins in all Harlequin areas. An important aim of the League is to encourage members to travel
a little further afield in search of points and thereby get to know other members of the club.
The format will be similar to that run for MML and WML and will be based on a best n out of
m races. The rules are now available (see right) and here are the events
that will score.
Final League tables after 6 events Number-crunching kindly done by Paul Hammond.
TD4 (light green)
Qualifying events for 2013:
This website contains mapping data licensed from Ordnance Survey with the permission of the
Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office. © Crown Copyright. All rights reserved.
Licence number PU43423U.
Please note that information, views, statements and images forming part of this
site are subject to the site disclaimer.
- The league will run from 1st January to 31st December. Events to be included in the league will be decided by the committee and publicised as such in advance.
- The league is open to all members of Harlequins.
- The competitors best scores on 50% of the league events held will count to their total league score. The number of counting events will be rounded up, e.g. if there are 11 events then 6 best scores will count.
- Harlequins acting as major officials at a league event, i.e. planners, organisers and controllers, will receive a score equal to their best score on other league events. Officials may only earn one score in this way per year.
- Scores will be awarded for all TD5 courses, i.e. Very Short Green and upwards. Times on each course will be adjusted by the corrected lengths of the courses to give a time taken if all the courses were of the same corrected length. Corrected length is the length of the course plus an additional 50m for every 5m of climb. Lengths and climbs will be as stated on the course description, except if one or more legs are removed from the results of a course the corrected length of that course will also be adjusted to remove the leg(s) in question.
- The average time for the fastest 3 Harlequins will be calculated. All Harlequins will be awarded a score of
1000 x (average time of first three runners) / Runner's time.
- Scores will be rounded down to whole numbers.
- Age categories will be as for the Club Championships. Running up is not permitted. Prizes will be awarded for the best male and female in each age category.
- Three separate leagues will also be calculated for TD4 (Light Green), TD3 (Orange and Red) and TD1/2 (White and Yellow) courses on the same basis as the TD5 league. Prizes will be awarded on these leagues dependent on the numbers of scorers and their age ranges at the discretion of the committee.