2021/2022 Season Results:
| Date|| Area|| Competition|| Details|| Officials|| Results|| Other
|24/02/2022||Burlish Top||Winter Evening Event||Details|
|10/02/2022||Comer Woods, Dudmaston||Winter Evening Event||Details||Barry Houghton||Results||Comments|
|27/01/2022||Saltwells||Winter Evening Event||Details||Kerstin Mitchell||Results|
|13/01/2022||Walton Hill||Winter Evening Event||Details||Robert Rose||Results|
|02/12/2021||Uffmoor||Winter Evening Event||Details||Andy Hemsted||Results||Comments|
|18/11/2021||Shire Oak||Winter Evening Event||Details||James Thomas||Results||Comments|
2021/2022 League table after all six events:
Congratulations to Mandy Mackereth and David Williams for winning the women’s and men’s league; follow this link for the full table.
These events take place in forest or park terrain using traditional orienteering maps and are usually every other Thursday evenings during the darker nights. A combination of course and score formats is normally used. Controls have to be taken in order, but can be missed out without penalty. The time is limited to 60 minutes; the format and league scoring is described in more detail here. Most importantly, without volunteers to plan and organise there will be no series; full guidance and support is available.
Unless an event’s details state otherwise, you should expect:
- A tent or room as a focal point for entries and downloading after your run. A “pub of the night” is often nominated to make the evening more sociable.
- The time for starts is typically 18:00 to 19:00 but it does depend on when it gets dark! If cloudy the first runner normally can go off 10 minutes after the end of “Civil Twilight”.
- A torch or headlight is obviously needed (the more powerful the better). Participants are responsible for their own safety and take part at their own risk.
- The carrying of whistles is compulsory at all Winter Evening events (we usually have a few to hire or borrow).
- Before setting off for an event please check this website for updates.
For previous years the winners, with links to league tables and results where available, are on the archive page