The full constitution is here; it was last amended in 2019 and outlines how the club appoints a committee and what the primary duties of that committee are. These are include:
- To promote competitions and to appoint officials responsible for their organisation.
- To encourage the production of specialist orienteering maps.
- To support the competition programme.
- To actively encourage others to take up orienteering.
- To provide for and organise training and coaching for club members.
- To encourage and actively support members in gaining experience of planning, organisation, mapping, coaching and controlling, through the attainment of British Orienteering qualifications where these exist.
- To liaise with the WMOA and neighbouring clubs to ensure the development of good relations and the harmonious development of orienteering within the West Midlands and surroundings.
The City of Birmingham Orienteering Club constitution is here. Following the merger of the two clubs it was agreed that the two were sufficiently aligned to delay adopting a new, combined constitution. This will be submitted to the 2024 AGM.