Annual accounts are prepared and audited before being submitted to the Annual General Meeting for approval. Details can be found in the minutes of each AGM.
Our income comes from membership fees and from surpluses created by events organised by the club. Membership fees are set annually at the AGM.
The major items are:
- Purchase, maintenance and insurance of equipment,
- Expenses incurred by volunteers.
- Half price entry for helpers at HOC Regional events.
- 50% of Senior entry to CompassSport Cup competitions, 100% of Junior entries.
- 50% of Senior entry and 100% of Junior entry to the following Relay competitions where you are representing HOC:
- British Relay Championships
- Jan Kjellström Orienteering Festival Relays
- Harvester Relays
- Peter Palmer Junior Relays
- British Sprint Relay Championships
- WMOA Relays.
- A Senior both representing the club and helping at one of these events qualifies for a 100% subsidy.
This policy is subject to review by the Committee to ensure that it is financially sustainable.