Our second championships of the year, the 2021 edition, will be held on the 4th December at Castlemorton Common (subject to permission); we hope to be able to have the traditional bring and share meal afterwards in Welland Village Hall.
The (delayed due to Covid) 2020 championships were contested on 26th June 2021 and the current trophy holders are listed below. Past champions can be found in this document. Click on the trophy name for an image of the trophy itself.
The Club Championships are held on a Saturday in late December. They are followed by a “bring and share” picnic at a village hall or similar venue close to the orienteering area chosen. They are a closed event, restricted to members of the club, but it may be possible to accommodate visiting friends and family, former club members etc. Please check with the organiser if you would like to bring a guest or join us!
The format is a one hour, mass start score. A shorter option may be available to juniors, and additional tweaks may be applied if the area requires this. The rules are here and some amendments to them are here.
It is a club tradition that the event officials are volunteers from the senior winners at the previous year’s event.
- Men’s Open (Philip Thompson Trophy). The highest scoring M class competitor. David Aldridge
- Ladies Open. The highest scoring W class competitor. Sue Howarth
- Men’s Veteran. The highest scoring M40 or M45. Robert Rose
- Ladies Veteran. The highest scoring W40 or W45. Not contested.
- Men’s Super Vet (The President’s Trophy). The highest scoring M50, 55 or 60. David Williams
- Ladies Supervet. The highest scoring W50, 55 or 60. Mandy Mackereth
- Men’s Master. The highest scoring M65. Geoff Trewin
- Vintage Ladies Champion. The highest scoring W65+. Lesley Brown
- Ultra Vet Men’s Shield. The highest scoring M70+ John Pearson
- Boys Junior Champion (Chris Schaanning Jubilee Cup). The highest scoring M16 or M18. James Thompson
- Girls Junior Champion. The highest scoring W16 or W18. Not contested.
- Harley O’Quinn Trophy. The highest scoring M12 or M14. Keiran Rose
- Columbine Trophy. The highest scoring W12 or W14. Not contested.
- M10 Champion. The highest scoring M10-. Craig Thompson
- W10 Champion. The highest scoring W10-. Not contested.
- The Alex Wing Trophy, awarded to the highest scoring new member. Not contested
- The MADO Family Trophy. The HOC Family achieving the highest score. Not contested
- The Bert Pardoe trophy, awarded to the best performance on handicap. Ashley Ford