The Club Championships are held on a Saturday in late December. They are followed by a “bring and share” picnic at a village hall or similar venue close to the orienteering area chosen. They are a closed event, restricted to members of the club, but it may be possible to accommodate visiting friends and family, former club members etc. Please check with the organiser if you would like to bring a guest or join us!
The format is a one hour, mass start score. A shorter option may be available to juniors, and additional tweaks may be applied if the area requires this. The rules are here and some amendments to them are here.
It is a club tradition that the event officials are volunteers from the senior winners at the previous year’s event.
The championships were last contested on 14th December 2019 and the current trophy holders are listed below. Past champions can be found in this document. Click on the trophy name for an image of the trophy itself.
- Men’s Open (Philip Thompson Trophy). The highest scoring M class competitor. David Aldridge
- Ladies Open. The highest scoring W class competitor. Kath Atkins
- Men’s Veteran. The highest scoring M40 or M45. Not contested.
- Ladies Veteran. The highest scoring W40 or W45. Not contested.
- Men’s Super Vet (The President’s Trophy). The highest scoring M50, 55 or 60. Alex Morgan
- Ladies Supervet. The highest scoring W50, 55 or 60. Kerstin Mitchell
- Men’s Master. The highest scoring M65. Paul Basher
- Vintage Ladies Champion. The highest scoring W65+. Alison Sloman
- Ultra Vet Men’s Shield. The highest scoring M70+ Andy Hemsted
- Boys Junior Champion (Chris Schaanning Jubilee Cup). The highest scoring M16 or M18. Alex Mitchell
- Girls Junior Champion. The highest scoring W16 or W18. Not contested.
- Harley O’Quinn Trophy. The highest scoring M12 or M14. Arthur Mirchell
- Columbine Trophy. The highest scoring W12 or W14. Not contested.
- M10 Champion. The highest scoring M10-. Craig Thompson
- W10 Champion. The highest scoring W10-. Not contested.
- The Alex Wing Trophy, awarded to the highest scoring new member. Eloise Lee
- The MADO Family Trophy. The HOC Family achieving the highest score. Tim & Lewis Kieniewicz
- The Bert Pardoe trophy, awarded to the best performance on handicap. Peter Rose